WEROCK Technologies GmbH, innovative manufacturer of industrial computer technology, announces the launch of the Rocksmart RSC1000 stainless steel panel PC series, continuing the development of its product range. The new waterproof and high-performance series offers IP67/IP69k protection and gesture-enabled touchscreens, which can also be operated with gloves. The model range is available with screen sizes from 15 to 32 inches and is factory-equipped with an Intel® Tigerlake Core™ i5 or Celeron processor.
Harsh industrial environments with high levels of steam or dust or even damp rooms place very special demands on hardware. The same applies wherever hygiene is a top priority, such as in the food and medical industries. With the Rocksmart RSC1000 series, WEROCK is now presenting stationary computers for the first time that have been developed precisely for these areas.
The housing of the new series is made of high quality stainless steel 1.4401 (V4A), which is not only corrosion and germ resistant, but also has no interaction with other materials. It is manufactured in a completely enclosed industrial design according to protection class IP67/IP69K and can withstand the most extreme conditions, such as high-pressure cleaning. The smooth surface promises particularly easy cleaning. Thanks to the special material, the housing can even be treated with aggressive cleaning agents. Special heat dissipaters ensure effective cooling for the fanless PC and thus unrestricted computer performance at a maximum ambient temperature of up to +60° C.
The new industrial computers are equipped with energy-efficient Intel® Celeron J6412 or – for resource-intensive processes – Intel® Core i5-1145G7E processors with up to 32 GB of RAM. The Intel® Iris® Xe graphics processor ensures powerful performance and, with the appropriate configuration, up to two external monitors can be connected. The Panel PCs are available with Windows 10, Windows 11 as well as Ubuntu Linux.
During development, special attention was paid to user ergonomics. Operation is via rugged multi-touch screens with state-of-the-art technology including glove operability. All variants feature high-contrast displays with 89° viewing angle per axis and thus offer an optimal image under all scenarios. The high-quality displays can be configured with up to 1,000 nits brightness. This means that the panel PC remains legible even in very bright environments and direct sunlight. Optional optical bonding further increases the impact resistance and ensures even better color brilliance of the display.
Features of the Rocksmart RSC1000 Series
- Ultra-flat stainless steel housing for highest hygienic requirements
- Powerful 11th generation Intel® processors with long-term availability
- Fully dust and waterproof design according to protection class IP69k
- Designed for industrial applications in continuous operation
- Rugged gesture-capable touchscreen with glove mode
- Easy to clean, whether with high pressure, hot water or disinfectants
- Wide operating temperature range
- Available in screen sizes from 15 to 32 inches
- All variants also available with up to 1000 nits brightness
- Up to 32 GB RAM & 1 TB SSD
- From 18.5″: Expandable by second hard disk
- Ready for use with Windows or Ubuntu Linux 22.04
- TPM 2.0 integrated – hardware tamper protection
- Easy installation via universal VESA mounting points
- Optionally with DC input, RFID/NFC, WLAN/Bluetooth
- CO2 emissions from production & logistics fully offset
- 2 years warranty
“With the Rocksmart RSC1000 series, we are adding extremely powerful and robust products to our portfolio for integration into production facilities. The devices can be cleaned under sometimes extreme conditions and remain operable, just as the food and pharmaceutical industries demand,” explains Markus Nicoleit, Managing Director of WEROCK Technologies GmbH. “Thanks to the slim design, the terminals can be excellently integrated into a wide variety of applications. However, the real special features are inside the housing: powerful Intel processors, an optional NFC/RFID module and industrial communication for a wide range of standards make the panel PCs attractive for numerous scenarios,” Nicoleit continues.
The core target groups for the Rocksmart RSC1000 series include the food, chemical, pharmaceutical and packaging industries, as well as laboratories and other hygienic areas. The new stainless steel touch terminals are manufactured to fit customer needs and can be customized with a variety of configurations, options and connectivity options. They are available now through authorized system partners and direct sales.
The Rocksmart RSC1000 series consists of 8 models:
- Rocksmart RSC1015 – 15″ XGA display
- Rocksmart RSC1016 – 15.6″ Full HD display
- Rocksmart RSC1018 – 18.5″ Full HD display
- Rocksmart RSC1019 – 19″ SXGA display
- Rocksmart RSC1022 – 21.5″ Full HD display
- Rocksmart RSC1024 – 24.0″ Full HD display
- Rocksmart RSC1027 – 27.0″ Full HD display
- Rocksmart RSC1032 – 32.0″ Full HD display
Further information about the new series can be found at https://www.werocktools.com/industrial-computers/.