WEROCK Technologies GmbH, an innovative manufacturer of industrial IT and communication solutions, is updating its Rocktab U212 and Rocktab U214 rugged tablets from the Rocktab Ultra series. The devices are now shipping with Wi-Fi 6E WLAN and Bluetooth 5.2.
Rocktab U212 and Rocktab U214 are high-end industrial tablets for professional use with sunlight-readable displays and high-quality touchscreens. The particularly robust housing design is IP65 protected as well as shock, vibration and drop resistant according to military standards. Nevertheless, the devices remain compact and lightweight, so the 11.6″ model is only 2.2 cm deep and weighs 1.4 kg. Up to 16 GB RAM, powerful Intel® Core i5™ and Pentium™ processors and a hot-swappable battery with up to 91 Wh ensure long runtimes. The tablets are flexibly configurable and come with a wide range of accessories.
With the update, WEROCK modernizes the fast and reliable WLAN data transmission to the latest standard. Both models now feature 2×2 MU-MIMO tri-band WLAN according to Wi-Fi 6E. The technology takes advantage of the newly available radio spectrum in the 6 GHz band. The additional frequency block (5925-6425 MHz) doubles the spectrum previously usable in Europe and gives the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology standard an immense performance boost. It also adds seven additional 160 MHz channels to the current Wi-Fi 6 standard, provides lower latency, and is used specifically for Wi-Fi 6E devices to maintain high speeds that are not affected by legacy devices. This enables higher data rates, while providing a more stable connection for particularly demanding applications.
With the upgrade to Wi-Fi6E comes a refresh to Bluetooth 5.2. The new audio stack LE-Audio (“Low Energy Audio”) enables significantly more energy-efficient transmissions, which benefits very small wireless headphones in particular. With revised transmission protocols, simultaneous sending and receiving between BLE devices are now possible for the first time, which should improve latency.
Special features of the Rocktab U200 series
- High-end industrial tablets for professional use
- Sunlight readable 11.6 or 13.3 inch displays
- High contrast thanks to optical bonding technology
- Multi-touchscreen with reflection-reducing surface
- Can also be operated with gloves, stylus and in the rain
- TPM 2.0 – hardware tamper protection
- Particularly robust case design, yet only 2.2 cm deep (U212)
- Shock, vibration and drop resistance according to military standard MIL-STD-810G
- Ideal for harsh environments as it is IP65 water and dust resistant
- Huge battery options for uninterrupted work in all scenarios
- Powerful Intel® Core i5™ and Pentium™ processors
- 2×2 MU-MIMO 802.11ax tri-band WLAN (WiFi 6E certified)
- Seamless roaming of different wireless cells thanks to 802.11r
- Ready for the latest applications thanks to Bluetooth® 5.2
- Up to 16 DDR 4 RAM memory and 1 TB SSD storage
- Flexibly configurable with numerous options
- Stylus with cord and mounting device included
- Docking stations and other accessories available
- Long-term availability
- Climate neutral product: all greenhouse gas emissions from production and transport offset
We want to provide our customers with the best possible tools at all times. The release of the new radio frequencies has now enabled us to update our first tablets to the latest Wi-Fi 6E standard. The new standard opens up completely new possibilities in highly networked industrial operations for more stability throughout the plant site.
Rocktab U212 and U214 are available to order now from WEROCK or authorized distributors. Like all of the company’s products, the tablet’s carbon footprint, which inevitably results from production and transport, is fully offset via WWF Gold Standard climate projects. More information is available at https://www.werocktools.com/products/rugged-tablets/. To expand the sales network, interested system houses can contact WEROCK for partner registration.