If you work in a warehouse or factory where forklifts are used, you know how important it is to keep everything running smoothly and efficiently. One way to improve efficiency is to use rugged tablets that are mounted to forklifts. Not only do these tablets provide access to important data and applications, but they can also help prevent errors and improve safety. In this blog post, we’ll look at what things to consider when mounting a rugged tablet to a forklift to help you get the best results.
- Safety: the safety of the driver and bystanders should always come first. Make sure the tablet is mounted securely and stably, and that it is not a distraction while the driver is working.
- Protection: rugged tablets are usually designed to withstand harsh environments, but it is still important to protect them from damage. Choose a mounting option that protects the tablet from shock, jarring and vibration. Normal tablets, like those used in the home, are not usable in these environments and will become a wear and tear item in the medium term.
- ease of use: the tablet should be easily accessible and easy to use while the driver is working. Choose a mounting option that keeps the tablet at a comfortable height and position for the driver. If your employees have to work with thick gloves, operation may be limited. In this case, either switch to a forklift terminal with a resistive touchscreen or provide the driver with an appropriate operating stylus.
- Adaptability: It is important that the tablet can be easily adapted to different forklift models and sizes. Choose a mounting option that is flexible and easily adaptable. We offer appropriate mounting options for our tablets to be able to mount them securely in the vehicle.
- power management: make sure that the tablet is adequately powered while working. There are various ways to charge the tablet, such as via the forklift itself or via an external power source. For some models we also offer corresponding on-board power supplies, but for almost all models we offer corresponding automotive power supplies.
- integrated functions: There are rugged tablets that have built-in features such as barcode scanners, GPS and cameras. Consider whether such features could be useful for your applications and choose a tablet that is equipped accordingly.
- software support: Make sure the tablet has the software support you need for your applications. It is also important to update the tablet regularly to ensure it has the latest features and security updates.
Secure and stable mounting is critical when mounting a rugged tablet to a forklift. It is important that the tablet is mounted securely and stably and that it is not a distraction while the operator is working. It is also important that the tablet is protected from damage and is easily accessible and simple to operate. Flexibility and compatibility are also important factors to consider. Also consider power management, built-in features, software support, maintenance and repairs, and cost to ensure you get the best results. With the right preparation and equipment, you can help keep the warehouse or factory running smoothly and efficiently.