WEROCK Technologies GmbH, innovative manufacturer of rugged tablets, notebooks and mobile computers, presents an operating system update to Android 11 for its Rocktab S108 and Rocktab S110 rugged tablets, both of which are popular in particularly harsh environments.
Rocktab S108 and Rocktab S110 are compact, rugged tablets with 8″ or 10″ display sizes. They offer an attractive price-performance ratio for adverse work environments. In addition to a bright display for outdoor work and a gesture-enabled touchscreen, the devices are equipped with numerous interfaces and feature LTE connectivity, GPS, Bluetooth and WLAN.
Highlights of the Rocktab S100 series
- Rugged industrial tablets for professional use
- Scratch-resistant, bright display for outdoor work with gesture-compatible touchscreen
- Generous battery for the complete working day
- Ideal for harsh environments with IP67 water and dust resistance
- Powerful processor options from Intel® and MediaTek®
- Full productivity – optionally with Windows 10 Professional or with Android 11 including Google services
- Google GMS certification with access to all Google Apps including Play Store and Google Maps
- USB 2.0 and USB Type C port
- Integrated GPS for positioning
- Dual-band WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 4G LTE high-speed Internet connectivity & Bluetooth 4.0
- Docking stations and other accessories available
- Climate neutral product: All greenhouse gas emissions from production and transport offset
Influenced by the Corona pandemic, Android 11 offers improved messenger and video telephony, more data protection, improved security features such as “Scope Storage”, which allows apps to run in a kind of sandbox, and improved update management. But work has also been done on usability: With “Nearby Sharing,” improved profile management or improved text and voice input, the list of improvements is long.
“Our claim is to develop durable products for use in industry,” says Markus Nicoleit, Managing Director at WEROCK. “So we are also particularly pleased that we were able to continue on the same hardware basis for this upgrade. This extends the product usage cycle, which ensures a better carbon footprint on the bottom line,” Nicoleit continues.
Like all of the company’s products, the tablets’ carbon footprint, which inevitably results from production and transportation, is fully offset via WWF Gold Standard climate projects. Rocktab S108 and Rocktab S110 are available to order now with Android 11 and can be purchased through direct sales or distribution partners. Existing users of the Rocktab S108 and Rocktab S110 tablets can contact WEROCK for an update to the new version. In addition to the S100 series, the company offers other rugged tablets, notebooks and MDE devices.
Further information is available at https://www.werocktools.com/products/rugged-tablets/.