WEROCK Technologies GmbH, innovative manufacturer of industrial rugged tablets, notebooks and handheld mobile computers, introduces the “Rockbook X130”, a new fully rugged notebook with a 13.3-inch screen and 11th generation Intel® Tiger Lake processors. It is designed for professional use in industrial manufacturing, automotive, public safety and utility sectors. Despite its fully ruggedized design and waterproof casing, the new model offers numerous amenities familiar from regular laptops: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, Thunderbolt 4 and a backlit keyboard are just a few highlights.
Groundbreaking performance for extensive and complex projects is promised by the Intel® Core™ i5 or Core™ i7 processors from Intel®’s Tiger Lake platform, which is manufactured in 10nm SuperFin technology. They offer performance, responsiveness, long battery runtimes and impressive graphics with the Iris® Xe GPU. Efficient work is also enabled by the included Windows 11 Pro, and a USB-C Thunderbold™ 4 port ensures fast connections between devices.
The completely redesigned magnesium alloy chassis offers increased strength with reduced weight. Thus, the Rockbook X130 weighs only 2.1 kg and is incredibly thin at 26 mm. Nevertheless, the user does not have to make any concessions in terms of robustness. The notebook has been tested for drops from 1.22 m according to MIL-STD-810H, has an IP65 certification and is thus water and dust resistant. Optionally, the model is also available with EMC protection according to MIL-STD-461.
The industrial 13.3-inch display offers full HD resolution and 400 cd/m2 brightness, making it easy to read even when working outdoors. Optionally, the model is also available with glove-operated touchscreen. An illuminated keyboard ensures comfortable working under poor lighting conditions.
The two hot-swappable batteries with a total of 62 Wh capacity ensure uninterrupted operation. The efficient design keeps the laptop running continuously for up to 10 hours, depending on usage. A discrete TPM 2.0 module, as well as integrated Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard contribute to the system’s protection. Logging into Windows can be done comfortably via fingerprint.
Features of the Rockbook X130
- Robust notebook for professional use
- Sturdy magnesium case with comfortable carrying handle
- Backlit keyboard
- Ideal for rough environments, as it is water- and dust-proof according to IP65
- 2m drop protection according to US military standard MIL-STD-810H
- 256 or 512 GB M.2 Solid State Drive (user swappable)
- Ultra-compact design – only 2.6 cm thick and 2.1 kg light
- 3″ full HD display with optional touchscreen
- Powerful Intel® Core™ i5-11357G quad-core processor with up to 4.20 GHz
- Up to 32 GB DDR4L memory
- Windows 11 Pro included
- Intelligent security thanks to integrated tamper protection TPM 2.0
- Easy login with Windows Hello fingerprint sensor
- 2 x 31 Wh hot-swappable batteries for uninterrupted operation
- 2×2 MU-MIMO 802.11ax dual-band WLAN (WiFi 6 certified)
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Optional 4G LTE connectivity and GPS receiver
- Numerous connections including Gigabit Ethernet, RS232 and Thunderbolt 4
- 2 megapixel webcam
- Extended temperature range between -20° C to +60° C
- Climate neutral product: all greenhouse gas emissions from production and transport offset
Markus Nicoleit, Managing Director at WEROCK Technologies GmbH, explains, “The fully rugged Rockbook X130 offers maximum mobile performance without compromise. Designed for demanding applications in the utility sector, emergency services or other field operations, it is designed to function in critical work environments without sacrificing performance. In doing so, the lightweight yet compact design ensures optimal work ergonomics throughout the workday.”
Like all of the company’s products, the notebook’s carbon footprint, which inevitably results from production and transportation, is fully offset through WWF Gold Standard climate projects.
The Rockbook X130 is available for pre-order now through direct sales or distribution partners.
Further information is available at https://www.werocktools.com/rugged-notebooks/rockbook-x130/.